Associate Professor & HOD(DDS)-Formerly
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
B.E.(Production & Industrial Engineering), Delhi Technological University, Delhi-110042 (1994)-First Class
M.Tech.(Industrial Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi-110016 (2002)-First Class
Ph.D. (Industrial Engineering & Management)-Under joint research program of SLIET Deemed University, Longowal & Delhi Technological University, Delhi.(DTU-Delhi)-(2014)-Excellent
(Dr.) Arvind Jayant having more than 22 years teaching & research experience at UG and PG level and 02 years industrial experience.
Employer Post Pay Scale Period of Employment From To
SLIET Associate Professor Rs.37400-67000/- AGP Rs.9000/- June 2010 Till Date
SLIET, Longowal Assistant Professor Rs.15600-39400/-AGP Rs.7000/- January 2006 May 2007
SLIET, Longowal Senior Lecturer Rs.10000-13500/- August 2002 December 2005
SLIET, Longowal Lecturer Rs.8000-13500/- August 1996 July 2002
J. Son Engineering Corporation Ltd. Assistant Manager Rs.4000-6000/- August 1994 July 1996
DCM Toyota Ltd. G.E.T. Rs.4500/- June 1994 July 1994
BOOKS/Edited Conference Proceedings (06):
# Book Detail Type Year
1.Jayant Arvind & Rastogi Vikas (Editors) (2011) Recent Trends in Modeling & Simulation of Manufacturing & Dynamical Systems” Edited Course Material proceedings 2011
2.Jayant Arvind (Editor) (2009) Proceedings of National Conference on Welding Technology” Edited conference proceedings 2009
3.Jayant Arvind & Vikas Rastogi (Editors) (2007) Recent Advances in Design Dynamics & Manufacturing Edited conference proceedings 2007
4.Jayant Arvind, Rastogi Vikas (Editors) (2006) Proceedings of National Symposium on Welding Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering & IWS, S.L.I.E.T., Longowal ,India Edited conference proceedings 2006
5.Jayant Arvind, Gupta Pardeep (2004) Recent Trends in Industrial Engineering & Management, AICTE/ISTE Sponsored two weeks STTP,S.L.I.E.T, Longowal, India, Dec.2004 (150+pages) Edited Course Materials 2004
6.Jayant Arvind, Kumar Rajesh (Editors)(2004) Proceedings of National Conference on Precision Manufacturing, S.L.I.E.T., Longowal, India, December 2004 (150+pages) Edited conference proceedings 2004
Book Chapters (05):
1. Book Chapter: Flexible Decision Modelling of 3PL using MCDM based Analytical Network Process (ANP) Approach in the book titled “Supply Chain Management-Application for Manufacturing & Service Industries” ISBN: 978-1-63484-987-6 (c) 2016, Nova Science Publishers, INC New York, USA. Pp-59-109.
2. Book Chapter: Simulation Modeling of Integrated Supply Chain Logistics Networks in the book titled “ Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing (AISC 131)”Vol.02, Pp. 87–97.ISBN:978-81-322-0490-9 (2012), Springer Advance Research Series, Springer Publishers, New Delhi-New York-London.
3. Book Chapter: Business Performance Improvement through Supply Chain Intelligence (SCI): An Indian Perspective” in the book titled “Recent Advances in Design Dynamics & Manufacturing” ISBN: 0230-63234-3 (2007), under MACMILLAN Advanced Research Series, Macmillan Publishers, New Delhi, India. Pp 293-298.
4. Book Chapter: Ball Grid Array Defects and Vision Inspection” in the book titled “Recent Advances in Design Dynamics & Manufacturing” ISBN: 0 230-63234-3 (2007), under MACMILLAN Advanced Research Series, Macmillan Publishers, New Delhi, India. Pp 306-312.
5. Book Chapter: Development of Embedded Passives in PCBAS in the book titled “Recent Advances in Design Dynamics & Manufacturing” ISBN: 0 230-63234-3 (2007), under MACMILLAN Advanced Research Series, Macmillan Publishers, New Delhi, India. Pp 325-331.
Industrial & Production Engineering, Quality Engineering, Taguchi’s Method, Six Sigma, SPC Tools, QFD, Composites, Advanced Manufacturing Processes:, Micro-Machining, Hybrid Machining, Non-Conventional Processes, Supply Chain Management, Global Supply Chain, Reverse Logistics, Green Supply Chains, 3PL, 4PL Logistics, Metal Casting, Simulation & Modeling.
Maintenance Engineering & Management, Quality Engineering & Management, Industrial Engineering & management, Plant Engineering, Melting Technology, Quality Assurance and Control.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS MEMBERSHIP
• Senior Member of International Engineering and Technology Institute 
• Senior Member of Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE), Mumbai [10246(99)]
• Member International Association of Computer Science & Information Tech. (Singapore)
• Life Member of International Association of Engineers (Hongkong)
• Life Member of Indian Society for Mechanical Engineers(ISME), IIT DELHI
• Life Member of SMES, SLIET Longowal
• Life Member of ISTE, New Delhi
• Life Member of IWS, New Delhi
AWARDS / HONOURS
• • Education Leadership National Award (22nd Prestigious Dewang Mehta & BSA Awards), Nov. 15, 2014, as HOD(DDS)
• Best Paper Award received in International Conference on Social Science and Management [ICSSM2014], Chicago, Illinois, USA during March 14～16, 2014.
• Best Paper Award received in International Conference on Recent Innovation in Science, Technology, Management and Environment held on June 19-20, 2016 at Indian Federation of United Nations Associations, New Delhi, India
Listed in Marquis Who’s Who® Publications, 2014, USA
• QIP Scholarship, 2001-2002 (Rs.36, 000 per year)
• Merit Scholarship, D.E. (Govt. of Delhi), 1986-1988(Rs.3600 per year)
• AICTE Grant Rs.38700/-as Travel Grant for presenting research paper in International Conference, IJIE-2006, in Nagoya, Japan
• DST Sanctioned Grant of Rs.20, 000/- as International Travel Support for presenting research paper in International Conference, IJIE-2006, in Nagoya, Japan
• Awarded JRF (Engineering & Technology-2007) from UGC for PhD program
The name was nominated for ‘Rastriya Gaurav Award’ and ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by India International Friendship Society, New Delhi (2009 & 2011).
Research Publications Summary
S. No. Category of Publications Total
1. Number of Books/Edited Proceedings: 06
2. Number of Book Chapter Published 05
3. Number of Refereed International/National Journal Papers: 55
4. Number of International /National Conference Papers: 76
5. Number of invited lectures / seminars: 15
Total Publications 130+
Total Scopus Citations: 375+
Scopus Citation ‘h’ Index: 13
Research Gate Score: 14.95
Dr. ARVIND JAYANT is Listed in the panel of reviewers of 44 Reputed International Journals:
1. OMEGA: International Journal of Management Science (Elsevier), I.F.=4.289
2. Production, Planning and Control(Tyler & Francis), I.F= 1.54
3. Neural Computing and Applications (Springer), I.F.=1.492
4. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture: An International Journal(Elsevier),I.F.=2.8
5. African Journal of Business Management, I.F.= 2.0
6. International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, Inderscience
7. International Journal of Logistics and Management (Inder-science.)
8. International Journal of Applied Mechanics and Materials(Elsevier )
9. Journal of Industrial Engineering International (Springer)
10. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management
11. International Journal of Resource, Conservation and Recycling((Elsevier )
12. Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (John Wiley and Sons Ltd)
13. Asia Pacific Journal of Regional Science (Springer)IF=2.024
14. International Journal of Scientific Research in Knowledge
15. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering(Tyler & Francis)
16. International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making(IF=1.183)
17. Issue in Business Management & Economics
18. International Journal of Industrial Engineering, USA
19. International Journal of AHP (USA)
20. International Journal of Mathematics in Operational Research (IJMOR), Inder-science.
21. Journal of Multidiscipline Modeling in Materials and Structures (Emerald Publications)
22. International Journal of Lean Enterprise Research (IJLER). Inderscience Publications
23. African Journal of Microbiology Research (IJMR)
24. International Journal of Computers & Technology
25. Operation Research: An International Journal (Springer)
26. Industrial Engineering & Management
27. International Journal of Agricultural Policy and Research
28. Journal of Advances in Robotics and Automation
29. Journal of Applied Mechanical Engineering
30. Journal of Powder Metallurgy & Mining
31. International Journal of Educational Policy Research and Review
32. Journal of Civil & Environmental Engineering (Omics Publications, USA)
33. Arabian Journal for science and Engineering(AJSE)
34. Journal of Transport and supply chain management(JTSCM)
35. International Journal of Advances in Management Science (IJ-AMS)
36. Pervasive and Mobile Computing (Elsevier), IF=2.325
37. Journal of Telecommunications System & Management
38. Global Journal of Technology and Optimization
39. Journal of Material Science and Engineering
40. Journal of Environment and Waste Management
41. Business and Management Journal
42. Fluid Mechanics: Open Access
43. Journal of Remote Sensing and GIS
44. Environment, Development and Sustainability(Springer)
45. International conferences, IEEM-2016, IEEM-2014, IEEM-2012, AfMME-2012, STME-2013, ICMOC-2014, STME-2013, ICETiME-2016.
1. Editor, Journal of Advances in Robotics and Automation
2. Associate Editor, Academic Journal of Applied Engineering
3. Editor, International Journal of Applied Research in Engineering and Science (IJARES)
4. Editor, Sci-Fed Journal of Artificial Intelligence
Dr. ARVIND JAYANT had visited many times abroad to disseminate his research in reputed International conferences like USA, Spain, Germany, England, Japan, Singapore and Nepal etc.
List of Recent Publications(2011-2016): In International Refereed Journals:
• Arvind Jayant (2016) “Selection of Reverse Logistics Service Provider (RLSP) Using Analytical Network Process (ANP): A Case Study Of An Automotive Company” International Journal of Analytic Hierarchy Process , Vol 8, Issue 1, pp 131-160.
• Arvind Jayant (2016), “Use of Grey Relational Analysis in Solving Multiple Attribute Decision-Making Problems: A Case Study of Warehouse Location Selection” Advances in Industrial Engineering and Management (USA), Vol. 4, No.2 (2015), pp157-164.
• Giri,V. and Jayant, A. (2016)“Modeling of green global logistics strategy selection using hybrid grey relational analysis”, International Journal of research in science and engineering, vol.5, Issue 6,p.p. 205-217. Impact factor 2.83.
• Giri, V., Jayant, A., Luthra, S. and Singh, P.K. (2016) “Futuristic literature survey on Grey Relational Analysis”, communicated for publication in International journal of industrial and systems engineering,( Inderscience publication) Scopus-indexed
• Uttam Kumar, Arvind Jayant (2015) “Simulation Modeling of AGVs in Job Shop Manufacturing Environment” Journal of Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering (JAAE), Volume 2(8), pp. 67-69. ISSN: 2393-8587.
• Priya Singh, Arvind Jayant (2015) “Selection of FMS: A Synthesis of 3MCDM Approaches” Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME), Volume 2(8), pp 15-20.ISSN: 2393-9109.
• Veepan Kumar, Arvind Jayant (2015) “Use of AHP to Evaluate Supply Chain Collaboration in Competitive Business Environment” Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME), Volume 2(8), pp 15-20.ISSN: 2393-9109.
• Veepan Kumar, Ravi Kant, Arvind Jayant and Rakesh Malviya (2015) “Evaluation of Supply Chain Collaboration: An AHP Based Approach” International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Volume 125 (5), pp: 1-5, September 2015. ISSN: 0975 – 8887. (Impact Factor: 0.715)
• Arvind Jayant and Priya Singh (2015) “Application of AHP-VIKOR Hybrid MCDM Approach for 3PL Selection: A Case Study” International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Volume 125 (5), pp:4-11, September 2015. ISSN: 0975 – 8887. (Impact Factor: 0.715)
• Arvind Jayant (2015) “Evaluation of EOL/Used cell phones management & disposal alternatives: An ANP and balanced score card approach” International Journal of Waste Resources (IJWR), Volume 5, Issue 2.http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2252-5211.S1.002.
• S. Bansal, M. Chhimwal A. Jayant (2015) “A Comprehensive VIKOR and TOPSIS Method For Supplier Selection In Supply Chain Management: A Case Study” Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME), Volume 2(12), pp 1-7.ISSN: 2393
• R. Bharti, V.Giri, A. Jayant (2015) “Green Supply Chain Management Strategy Selection by Analytical Network Process (ANP) Approach: A Case Study” Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME), Volume 2(12), pp 8-13.ISSN: 2393-9109.
• Arvind Jayant, P Gupta, S K Garg (2014) “Reverse Logistics Network Design for Spent Batteries: a Simulation Study” International Journal of Logistics System and Management” Vol. 18, No. 3, pp.343–365.
• Arvind Jayant, M.S.Dhillon (2014) “Use of Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) to Select Welding Process in High Pressure Vessel Manufacturing Environment” accepted for publication in International Journal Enterprise Network Management
• Arvind Jayant, Vikram Singh (2014) “An Application of Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) for Vendor Selection in Supply Chain Management” accepted for publication in International Journal Enterprise Network Management
• Arvind Jayant, P.Gupta, S.K.Garg, M.Khan (2014) “TOPSIS-AHP Based Approach for Selection of Reverse Logistics Service Provider: A Case Study of Mobile Phone Industry” Procedia Engineering, Vol.97, pp 2147-2156.
• Arvind Jayant, P Gupta and S K Gag (2014), “Logistics Simulation of Reverse Supply Chain Networks: A Case Study” accepted for publication in Simulation: Transactions of the society for modeling and simulation International (USA)
• Arvind Jayant, Md. Azhar (2014) “Analysis of Barriers to Implement Green Supply Chain Management (GSCM) Practices: An Interpretive Structural Modeling (ISM) Approach” Procedia Engineering, Vo.97, pp 2157-2166
• Arvind Jayant (2014) “An ISM Approach for Modeling the Barriers of Reverse Logistics Practices: A Case Study of Indian Business Environment” International Journal of Research in Management Studies (IJRMS), Vol. 13, No. 4, August 2014, pp 83-102.
• Arvind Jayant (2014), “Strategic Decision Modeling of Reverse Logistics Systems: Selection of Recovery Operations for EOL products” Research Journal of Economics & Business Studies (Singapore) Vol.3, Issue 12, pp 42-62
• Arvind Jayant, M. Khan, V. Kumar (2014) “Multi-Criteria Supplier Selection Using Fuzzy-AHP Approach: A Case Study of Manufacturing Company” International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering & Technology, Vol.4 (3), pp 73-79.ISSN 2249-5770
• Arvind Jayant, Mohd. Azhar, Priya Singh (2014) “Interpretive Structural Modeling (ISM) Approach: A State of the Art Literature Review” International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering & Technology, Vol.4 (3), pp 15-21. ISSN 2249-5770
• Virender, P., Jayant, A. (2014) “A green Supplier Selection Model for an Agriculture-Machinery Industry”. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Volume 9(5) 2014 pp.597-605
• A. Jayant, V. Paul, U. Kumar (2014) “Application of Analytic Network Process (ANP) in Business Environment: A Comprehensive Literature Review” International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering & Technology, Vol.4(3), pp 29-
• A. Jayant, V.Poul, S. Leleur (2014) “Use of Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) for Selection of Sustainable Rail Transport Proposal” International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering & Technology, Vol.4 (3), pp 44-50. ISSN 2249-5770,
• Arvind Jayant, P Gupta and S K Garg (2014) “Simulation Modeling and Analysis of Network Design for Closed-Loop Supply Chain: A Case Study of Battery Industry” Procedia Engineering (Elsevier Publications), Vo.97, pp 2213-2221. ISSN: 1877-7058.
• Arvind Jayant, H.S. Ghagra (2013), Supply Chain Flexibility Configurations: Perspectives, Empirical Studies and Research Directions” International Journal of Supply Chain Management (UK), Volume 2, Number 1, March 2013, pp 21-29.
• Virender Paul and Arvind Jayant (2013), “Analytical Network Process (ANP) in Selection of Green Supplier: A Case Study of Automotive Industry” International Scientific Journal on Science Engineering & Technology, Volume 17, No. 05, pp 453-465.
• Virender, P., Jayant, A, Vyas, C. (2013). “Green Supply Chain Management: A Review. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Volume 9(5) 2013 pp.607-613., ISSN 0973-4562.
• Arvind Jayant (2012) “Implementation of Supply Chain Management in an Automobile Company: A Case Study” Indore Management Journal (IIM Indore), Volume 3, Issue 2, pp 90-104.
• Arvind Jayant, P Gupta, S K Garg (2012) “Simulation modeling of outbound logistics of supply chain A Case Study of telephone company” International Journal of Industrial Engineering(USA),Vol 19, No 2, pp 90-100.
• Arvind Jayant (2012) “Evaluation of 3PL Service Provider in Supply Chain Management: An Analytic Network Process Approach”, the International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation’ (IJBIT), Volume 6, Issue 2, pp 78-82.
• Arvind Jayant, P Gupta, S K Garg (2012) “Perspectives in Reverse Supply Chain Management(R-SCM): A State of the Art Literature Review” Jordan Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (JJMIE), Volume 6, Number 1, pp-87-102. Feb.2012. ISSN 1995-6665
• Arvind Jayant,A.Singh, and V.Patel (2011), “An AHP Based Approach for Supplier Evaluation and Selection in Supply Chain Management” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems, Volume 2, No. 1, pp. 1-6
• Arvind Jayant, P Gupta, S K Garg (2011). “An Application of Analytic Network Process to Evaluate Supply Chain Logistics Strategies”, International Journal of Analytic Hierarchy Process (USA). Vol.4, Issue 1. Pp 149-163. ISSN 1936-6744
http://www.sliet.ac.in Contribution as a Supervisor • Supervised 30 M. Tech. Thesis and presently supervising 03 more M. Tech. Projects. (Annexure-I) • Supervised over 50 Bachelor’s/Diploma level project work. • 05 Ph.D. Thesis supervision is going on. S. No. Degree Name of Student Registration No. Area of Research 1. Ph.D. Er. Gagandeep Singh PME-1602 Advanced Finishing Processes 2. Ph.D. Er.Arvind Tiwari PME-1603 Green Supply Chain Management 3. Ph.D. Er.Vivek Gupta PME-1604 Design & Development of Low carbon Supply Chains
Contribution as a Supervisor
• Supervised 30 M. Tech. Thesis and presently supervising 03 more M. Tech. Projects. (Annexure-I)
• Supervised over 55 Bachelor’s/Diploma level project work.
• 05 Ph.D. Thesis supervision is going on.
S. No. Degree Name of Student Registration No. Area of Research
1. Ph.D. Er. Gagandeep Singh PME-1602 Advanced Finishing Processes
2. Ph.D. Er.Arvind Tiwari PME-1603 Green Supply Chain Management
3. Ph.D. Er.Vivek Gupta PME-1604 Design & Development of Low carbon Supply Chains
4. Ph. D. Er. Shrikant Bhardwaj, PME-1605 Performance Improvements of Automotive Engines
5. Ph.D. Er. Sahil Maan PME-1701 Advance Machining Operations
DETAILS OF SPONSORED RESEARCH PROJECTS:
Project Title: “Creation of Barrier Free Environment and other Facilities for persons with disabilities” Project Coordinator: Dr. Arvind Jayant, HOD(DDS)
Project Cost: Rs.75, 90,000/-
Funding Agency: Ministry of Social Justice & empowerment, Govt. of India, Sanctioned vide letter no.16-36/2011-DD-III dated 12.03.13.
• Title of Sponsored Project: Up gradation of Metrology Laboratory for Teaching and Research ,PI-Dr. Rajesh Kumar & Co-PI Dr. Arvind Jayant
• Funding Agency: MHRD (MODROB) Sanctioned vide letter no.: F.28-18/2003 PS.V dated: 14.01.2004
Other Consultancy Projects in which I was actively associated (but, not as a PI or co-PI)
“Design & Development of Rubber Bearing for Railway Bridges” Funded by CSIR, New Delhi, and (5 Lacs) 2002: Dr.P.P.Kundu (PI)
INDUSTRY ORIENTED PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN
• Development of Models for Supplier-Manufacturer Relationship in SCM (2002), Bharti Tele-Tech Ltd, Gurgaon, Haryana.
Development of Quality Cost Evaluation System for Cost reduction (2004), Tecumseh Products India Pvt. Ltd., Faridabad, haryana.
Optimization of Production system Using SMED & Genetic Algorithm Approaches (2004) GOETZE Ltd., Patiala, Punjab.
Analysis of Vender Managed Inventory in SCM: A Case(2005) Indian Acrylics Limited, Sangrur
Assoc.Prof.(Dr.) ARVIND JAYANT has been supervised PG & UG level industry based projects:
* M.Tech. Thesis supervised: 30+
* UG level Projects supervised: 50 plus and 05 on going
Copyright © 2019 , Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal - 148106 Distt. Sangrur, Punjab, India
Developed & Maintained by Administrative Computer Services System (A.C.S.S), SLIET